With Commitment to Local Hiring, Diversity, Veterans, Hundreds Expected to Attend Event -
Caesar’s Entertainment and suffolk downs will host their first employment forum for east boston and Revere residents on Thursday, October 3 to discuss the range of career opportunities that will be available at their proposed $1 billion world-class resort casino.
Expected at the forum will be; John Payne, President of Central Markets and Partnership Development, Caesars Entertainment; Chip Tuttle, Chief Operating Officer, suffolk downs Employees from Caesars’ properties, including: Horseshoe Cleveland, Rio Las Vegas, Harrah’s New Orleans and Caesar’s Palace Las Vegas.
The forum will take place at Suffolk Downs, 525 McClellan Highway, east boston on Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, at 3-5 p.m. or 7-9 p.m.
This informational jobs forum will give interested residents details on possible opportunities at Caesars Resort at Suffolk Downs and provide information on working at a Caesars location through conversations with current employees at sites across the country.
Representatives from Caesars Resort at Suffolk Downs will provide details on its commitment to local hiring, descriptions of job categories, benefits and hiring practices. Caesars’ representatives will also discuss its “Enlisting Heroes” program for veterans and its longstanding record of diversity in the workplace.
A group of employees from Caesars’ properties at other locations across the country will share their experiences in working for Caesars with local residents interested in career opportunities at Caesars Resort at Suffolk Downs.
Hiring in the following job categories is planned:
Hotel/Resort: Reservationists, Front Desk Personnel, Housekeeping, Maintenance/Custodial and Security.
Facility Employees: Plumbers, Electricians, Carpenters, Machinery operators, Valet/Parking, Limo/bus drivers, and Greenskeeping.
Food and Beverage: Chefs and Cooks, Host/Hostesses, Bartenders, Waiters/Waitresses, Kitchen help and busboys, and Dishwashers.
Management and Operational: Software engineering, Network Administration, Database management, Human Resources, Finance, Audit and Accounting, Planning & Analysis, and Marketing & Communications.
Gaming: Cashiers, Croupiers, Hosts, Attendants, Mutuel Clerks, Dealers, Supervisors, Technicians, Security, Floor Managers, and Shift Managers.
In June of 2012, Suffolk Downs announced its plans for a Caesars-branded world-class resort and casino at New England’s only thoroughbred racetrack. The $1 billion development plan for the 161-acre site includes a hotel, restaurants, a casino gaming complex, retail shops, entertainment areas, luxury spa facilities and horse racing.
Caesars Resort at Suffolk Downs will provide:
• 4,000 permanent jobs and 2,500 construction jobs, with a preference given to Revere and Boston residents;
• Up to $67 million annually to Revere and Boston once the resort is fully operational;
• $45 million in transportation and roadway improvements in East Boston and Revere;
• More than $50 million in annual spending with Revere and Boston-based businesses;
• Up to $49 million in one-time community investments, including capital commitments to education, parks, public health, arts, public safety;
• Capital improvements in Revere, including at the city’s new football field and youth center;
• Capital investments in East Boston, including a new Business Improvement District, the construction of a new youth and senior center, and investment in local parks and schools.