Mayor Carlo DeMaria is pleased to announce that the City of Everett will be hosting Hazardous Waste Day on Sunday, October 2 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Rivergreen Park parking lot at 1 Rivergreen Dr.
The City will be partnering with Trident Environmental Group, a specialty waste company, to help dispose of the hazardous items collected. Please be prepared to show proof of residency, because it is required to participate in the event and will be checked on site.
“Properly disposing hazardous waste items is essential to keeping our environment clean,” said Mayor DeMaria. “The City of Everett is committed to maintaining a clean community, and by partnering with Trident Environmental Group, we can ensure that these items will be properly disposed.”
Items that will be accepted for disposal at the event are as follows:
- General household materials: acids (corrosives), aerosol cans, art supplies, batteries, chemistry set chemicals, fiberglass resins, furniture, floor, metal polishes & strippers, hobby supplies (rubber cement, airplane glue, etc.), moth balls/crystals, oil pant & paint thinners, varnish, stain & shellac (no latex paint allowed), paint strippers, photography chemicals, rug & upholstery cleaners, solvent adhesives, turpentine & other paint solvents, wood preservatives.
- Lawn and garden materials: cesspool cleaners (corrosives), flammable liquids/gasoline, flea & tick powders, fire starters, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, no-pest strips, pesticides, poisons, pool chemicals, propane tanks (small).
- Bathroom products: hair dye, nail polish remover, toilet cleaners.
- Laundry materials: brighteners, chlorine bleach, spot removers, spray starch, whiteners.
- Kitchen materials: drain cleaners, lighter fluids, oven cleaners.
- Automotive products: antifreeze, batteries (auto, motorcycles, etc.), brake fluid, carburetor cleaner, radiator flush, solvents & degreasers, tire cleaners, transmission fluid, waste fuels (gasoline, kerosene, etc.).
Items that will not be accepted for disposal at the event are as follows:
- Appliances, ammunition, fireworks, explosives, gunpowder, unknown cylinders, asbestos, commercial hazardous waste, electronics, gas cylinders (other than propane), metal tanks (other than propane [e.g., freon, helium, acetylene]), hypodermic needles & medical sharps, prescription medications, PCBs, radioactive materials, smoke detectors and tires.