Mayor Carlo DeMaria is pleased to announce upcoming events to celebrate Black History Month.
The month of February is recognized as Black History Month across the United States. It calls on all of us to celebrate the significance of Black American’s roles in shaping our country’s history. The City will be joining with the rest of the country in reflecting on the struggle for progress throughout history, while also celebrating the cultural achievements and contributions of Black Americans.
All Everett residents are invited to celebrate with us at the following events:
- Roots. Branches: A Living History of Black Families in Everett – Saturday, February 11 at 12:00 pm. Parlin Memorial Library: 410 Broadway Everett, MA 02149.
- Movie: “Bessie” starring Queen Latifah as American Blues Singer Bessie Smith – Thursday, February 23 at 1:00 pm. Connolly Center – 90 Chelsea Street Everett, MA 02149.
- Let the Circle Be Unbroken: Black History Month Cultural Celebration – Thursday, February 23 at 6:00 p.m. Connolly Center – 90 Chelsea Street Everett, MA 02149.
- History in the Making: Celebrating Everett Youth and Young Adults – Saturday, February 25 at 2:00 p.m. at the Recreation Center – 47 Elm Street Everett, MA 02149.
- Joy Down in My Soul: A Gospel Tribute for Black History Month – Sunday, February 26 at 2:00 pm. Zion Church Ministries – 757 Broadway Everett, MA 02149.
For more information, please visit cityofeverett.com/calendar/month.