The Mystic Valley YMCA recently announced four new members of its Board of Directors and named new board officers to the volunteer leadership of the organization, which serves Everett, Malden and Medford. These individuals will support the nonprofit’s mission to promote youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
“We are excited to name the new leadership and board members who will bring diverse expertise, insights, and lived experiences to our work,” said President and CEO Debbie Amaral. “We are working diligently to ensure the board truly reflects our communities to help lead our Y today and into the future.”
The Board of Directors elected new officers to serve two-year terms:
- Chief Volunteer Officer (CVO) – Ronnie Puzon, RE/MAX Trinity
- Vice CVO – Christopher Melendez, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, LLP
- Treasurer – Seth Felix, East Cambridge Savings Bank (through December 2021)
- Treasurer – Anthony Dotson, BellMark Partners (effective January 2022)
- Secretary – Mea Mustone, Malden Catholic High School
Four new board members began their terms effective November 1:
- Elizabeth “Liz” Hart is the founder and executive director of the nonprofit organization Tailored for Success, Inc., which is dedicated to assisting low-income women as they attempt to enter the workforce. Hart is a Commissioner Emeritus with the Massachusetts Commission on the Status of Women, an active member and past District Governor of Zonta International and a past President and board member of the Mystic Valley YMCA. Hart earned her B.S. in Business Administration from Northeastern University and her Master’s in Nonprofit Management from Cambridge College. Hart is a resident of Melrose.
- Judy Kim is a principal data solutions analyst with Liberty Mutual. She has previously held positions with Mass General Brigham (Partners HealthCare) and McLean Hospital-Harvard Medical School, where she was a clinical research assistant studying youth mental health. Kim earned a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Texas at Austin, an M.A. in Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences from Columbia University and an M.S. in Epidemiology from the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health and is working towards her M.B.A. from Babson College. Kim is a member of the Steering Committee to guide a new Master Plan for the City of Medford, where she resides.
- Nicole Paparian is the chief administrative officer of Hoff’s Bakery in Malden, a premiere manufacturer of gourmet desserts for the food service and retail trades in New England. Paparian has extensive experience in marketing and public relations, including positions with MullenLowe Mediahub, the American Advertising Federation and Liberty Hotel in Boston. She is an active member of the International Dairy Deli Bakery Association, the American Bakers’ Association and the Malden Chamber of Commerce. Paparian earned her B.S. in Business Administration from The George Washington University School of Business. She is a resident of Medford.
- Kevin Thai is the owner and lead photographer of Three Circles Studio in Malden, specializing in corporate and headshot photography. Prior to founding his company, he was a teacher at Stafford House International and a longtime teacher of English as a Second Language at Bunker Hill Community College as well as in South Korea. He is an active Board Member of the Malden Chamber of Commerce and has a commitment to his community and start-ups. Kevin holds his B.A. in History and Masters in Education from Gordon College. He and his family live in Malden.
“I am personally delighted to welcome such a strong group of new board members and leadership. I look forward to serving with each of them to advance the Y’s mission,” said Immediate Past CVO Peter Nigro. “I wish Ronnie Puzon the best as he leads the organization in the years ahead.”
A full list of the Mystic Valley YMCA’s Board of Directors can be found at https://mv-ymca.org/our-y/our-leadership.