Traffic Commission Public Hearing April 20, 2023
Notice is hereby given in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 185 of the Acts of 1983, and Chapter 13 of the Acts of 1984, that the City of Revere Traffic Commission will conduct a Public Hearing on April 20, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. in the City Councilor Joseph A. Del Grosso Council Chambers of Revere City Hall relative to the following proposed amendments to the parking and traffic regulations of the City of Revere:
1. Continued discussion of the traffic study conducted on the streets off Malden St.
2. Continued discussion regarding traffic improvements for the Suffolk Downs development in the Beachmont area. The following pedestrian and traffic safety improvements will be undertaken in and around Beachmont Square:
• Construction of a bus pull off lane in front of the MBTA parking lot on Winthrop Ave. in the Westbound direction. • Installation of a new bus stop on Winthrop Ave. in the Eastbound direction just went of Washburn Avenue adjacent to the Suffolk Downs site.
• SidewalkbumpoutsonWashburnAvenueattheintersection of Winthrop Avenue to improve safer pedestrian access crossing Washburn Avenue to Beachmont Station.
• Maintain signalized right hand turning lane from Winthrop Avenue onto Bennington Street.
• Increase the length of the median strip along Bennington Street in front of Dunkin Donuts to prevent left turns out of the Dunkin Donuts parking lot.
• Eliminate the short section of Crescent Avenue adjacent to Kimmerle Park creating a safer pedestrian crossing and landscaped open space connection to the Park. There will be two lanes provided on Crescent Avenue for Southbound and Northbound movements from Crescent Avenue onto Bennington Street which will serve to eliminate the bottleneck that occurs at Crescent Avenue and Bennington Street closer to the Square.
• The sidewalk in front of Torretas Bakery and Kimmerle Park will be widened for safer pedestrian crossing.
• Traffic Signal timing will be upgraded in Beachmont Square for more efficient traffic and pedestrian flow.
• New Crosswalks will be installed with new ramps at all pedestrian crossings.
Attest Paul V. Argenzio – Chairman of the Traffic Commission April 14, 2023