– LEGAL NOTICE –
CITY OF EVERETT
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS 484 BROADWAY, ROOM 24 EVERETT, MASSACHUSETTS 02149
To Whom It May Concern:
This notice is to inform you that a public hearing will be held on Monday May 15, 2023 at 6:00 PM, Everett City Hall, 3rd Floor George Keverian Hearing Room. All interested parties may attend and opinions will be heard regarding the following petition.
Whereas a petition has been presented by:
Property Address:94 Tremont Street Map/Parcel: D0-04-000003 Permit Number: B-23-70
Person Requesting: Michael Bono and Joseph Bono 193 Belmont Street
Everett, MA 02149
To construct a new mixed use 5 Story building with 32 residential units and 2 retail spaces.
Reason for Denial:
Permit was denied in accordance with the City of Everett Zoning Ordinance Appendix A as follows:
Violations and Zoning:
- The proposed rear Yard is shown to be 15 feet but per Section 26 (c) Dimensional requirements line 4 requires 25 feet.
- Section 26 C) line 7 allows for 70 units per acre where the lot is only 12,629 square feet in area which would allow for a maximum of 20 units
- The proposed side yards while both meet the minimum the total is not meet per
Section 26 (c) Dimensional Requirements 3 requires 30 feet total.
- The proposed building a FAR of 2.5 which requires a Special permit per Section 26 (c)
Dimensional requirements limits FAR to 2.25 but 4 to 1 by Special Permit.
- Parking of 13 parking spaces is shown to be below the requirements of Section 17 for Off-Street Parking but the owner can go before the Everett Planning Board under the guidelines in Section 35 the Transportation Demand Management (TDM).
- Landscaping requirements indicated on provide plot plan are not clear as to the depth at the Rear per Section 26 Dimensional requirements (d) requires at least 10 feet at the rear lot lines.
MARY GERACE – Chairman
Roberta Suppa – Clerk of the Board of Appeals April 28, May 5, 2023