Wicked Cool Mystic is our community project (Malden and Everett) to design projects to help people in Malden and Everett stay cool during our hotter summers – you can find more information about the project at https://mysticriver.org/climate-resilience
Concerned about how hot our summers are getting? Don’t know how you can help? Take a survey community survey (below) to help our community find the best solutions for us!
- Arabic: https://bostonu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_78NPsQMhnq5Uke2
- English: https://bostonu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_erDwrhJ8NqHVTTw
- Simplified Chinese: https://bostonu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bQxqfE2xhPfpSJ0
- Spanish: https://bostonu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_24qHiug8Q0mvyui
- Vietnamese: https://bostonu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_839WYrGDVgRyaSa
Join the Friends of the Malden River and the Resilient Mystic Collaborative to share this knowledge and surveys. Please let them know when you send it out! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Malden’s Wicked Cool Ambassador, Lisa Sulda, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Friends of the Malden River (FoMR).
In addition to this, Malden’s Climate Action Plan is gearing up for a spring kickoff at Malden’s Environmental Fair. This will be held at Pine Banks Park on April 15 from 1:00-4:00 p.m. There will be information booths on available resources for saving money and saving the planet, paper shredding, Blue Bike Promotions, Bike to the Sea’s Bike Kitchen demos, shrub seedlings giveaways and more!
- You can watch the recording of the Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Commission meeting, including the extended presentation on the Greenhouse Gas Audit, athttps://cityofmalden.zoom.us/rec/play/BK6Y8DFXWIjZswHxk9nb56RWYkJ7Uqtx-_R6nvx6l5tDF6LpUbovzT4CgtsxKcUkbVgWJQDM3s_wC0v6.5Bad2V-GJwGKaKsS?continueMode=true&_x_zm_rtaid=uK7J53qYQCS0q-nmAHo4Pg.1679499796559.bfade9f0ffb1767598aca29297b99926&_x_zm_rhtaid=868
- You can also access the information on the Green Malden page: https://www.cityofmalden.org/952/Climate-Action-Plan
- This is the step-by-step guide to the tool on the Metropolitan Area Planning Council’s website of the methodology for the GreenHouse Gas Inventory: https://www.mapc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/04102020_MAPC-Step-by-Step-GHG-Inventory-Guide.pdf
- Support the Massachusetts Waterways with a Mass Environmental Trust license plate: https://www.mass.gov/guides/a-guide-to-purchasing-a-specialty-environmental-license-plate
Mission of The Friends of Malden River: FoMR seeks to promote awareness of and interest in the Malden River, improve its water quality and increase access for public enjoyment. Check out our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/FriendsoftheMaldenRiver) and website (https://maldenriver.wordpress.com/) for more information!