The City of Malden is proud to announce the introduction of a new community event centered around sustainability, climate resilience and the environment. Building off of the recently announced Green Malden initiative, Mayor Gary Christenson in partnership with the City Council is announcing the Green Malden Fair. The event will take place on Saturday, April 15 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Pine Banks Park.
This will be an informational fair with representation from City of Malden sustainability programs, local environmental groups, free recycling for hard to recycle materials, opportunities for residents to save on energy costs, giveaways and more. In celebration of Earth Day, which takes place the following Saturday, residents will also have an opportunity to sign up for various citywide cleanups. Some of the offerings at the Fair:
- A chance to participate in the launch of Malden’s Climate Action Plan
- Learn about getting a free home energy assessment to reduce your home electricity use and save money
- See a demonstration of Bike to the Sea’s new Bike Kitchen – a new bicycle repair shop opening on the Northern Strand Community Trail in Malden
- Free shrub seedling giveaway
- Free on-site paper shredding for residents who want to safely shred and recycle sensitive documents
- Sign up for Earth Day cleanup events
- *Free on-site bulk Styrofoam recycling
- *Free on-site electronic waste recycling
- *Demo of Blue Bikes and a giveaway of free Blue Bikes passes
- *Sign up for the soon to be launched Curbside Composting program. The first 200 registrations will receive a free composting cart and bag liners ($40 value) – sign up is required at Fair
There are important details to be carefully reviewed on each of the items marked with an asterisk (*) above along with a full listing of all that will be available at the Green Malden Fair at www.cityofmalden.org/greenmalden. Please review these details if you plan on participating in any one of the * items above.