Dear Ward 5 Neighbor,
My name is Adam Weldai, and I am very proud to be your Malden School Committee member. As an educator, and your advocate, I take my responsibility seriously. A big part of that is ensuring that the people who represent us, and make decisions that affect our students and our schools, understand the needs of our school community.
I am fortunate to serve with great partners like our Ward 5 City Councillor Barbara Murphy. When everything around us feels chaotic, Barbara and I cut through the noise. We work hard, and we work together.
We’ve worked together to…
- Address structural issues (including roof work) at our school buildings
- Renovate playgrounds & tot lots (including ADA upgrades & sensory boards)
- Install crosswalks, speed bumps & school zone flashing lights for family & student safety
- Organize many events & celebrations for families & kids of all ages to help foster community
- Serve on the City’s Opioid Task Force to increase awareness & action around the disease of addiction
- Prioritize food security & targeted relief/support during the COVID-19 pandemic
While we might not agree on every issue that comes before us, I know that Barbara will be direct and honest about what she believes and wants to accomplish, and will work transparently with all of our community partners. She’ll be pragmatic, and center quality of life in her decision making. She’ll put her whole heart into her work, just like I do, to make sure every kid has the opportunity to experience a Malden that nurtures them and helps them grow – just like we had growing up here – because that’s what truly matters.
I look forward to voting for Barbara Murphy on November 2nd, and hope you’ll consider her too.
Malden School Committee member