Woodlawn Cemetery’s 17th Annual Christmas Ecumenical Memorial Service
Remembering Those at Rest
- The Woodlawn Chapel was filled with song by the Figgy Puddin’ Holiday Carolers.
- Woodlawn Cemetery President and CEO Francis J. LaRovere III, Esquire welcomes all to the service.
- The Woodlawn Cemetery Chapel was filled, as usual, for this annual sentimental service to start the holiday season.
- Alan Giangregorio with the “Litany of Remembrance”
- For the past 17 years, Father Vincent Gianny has opened the service at Woodlawn Cemetery.
- This year, Father Brian McHugh said the closing prayer before all were invited to the lighting of the Memorial Tree.
- Exiting the chapel, Maria Chaves, Nina Medeiros and Anastasia Rivera are on their way to the tree lighting.
- Everett residents: Bob and Cathy Richards.
- Lighting the ceremonial candle is Woodlawn Cemetery Trustee Nancy Whynott.
- A time for remembering those gone to rest: Navian, Camilo and Kattya Zelaya.
- The Memorial Tree, memorializing those lost over the years, but always remembered – it will stay lit until January 6, 2018.
- Everett’s Ward 6 Councillor, Michael McLaughlin, was in attendance at the service last week.
- Enjoying cookies and hot chocolate: Leila and Sophia Marcus.
- Great desserts following the tree lighting: Dotti Kushmerek in Patton Memorial Hall.
- Mary Rita Doherty is with Marc DeMille and Dwight Porter.
- Karen Miguel, Pam Griffin, Teresa Griffin and Janet Colameta have fun after the tree lighting.
- Woodlawn Cemetery Trustee Nancy Whynott and President and CEO Francis LaRovere III, Susan LaRovere and Amy Whynott-Morrill greeted guests at Patton Memorial Hall following the service.