Keefe takes final walk-through of new DPW facility ahead of opening
On Tuesday, Acting Mayor Patrick M. Keefe, Jr. took a final walk-through of Revere’s brand-new Department of Public Works (DPW) facility, a significant milestone in the City of Revere’s commitment to improving its infrastructure and enhancing public services. The state-of-the-art facility will enable the DPW to serve the community more efficiently and effectively while ensuring a sustainable and resilient future.
“The opening of our new DPW facility is a significant step forward for our city. It reflects our commitment to providing high-quality services to our residents and ensuring the long-term sustainability of our infrastructure,” said Acting Mayor Keefe. “This modern facility will enable our DPW team to work more efficiently and safely, ultimately benefitting the entire community.”
Key features of the new DPW facility will advance more efficient work and DPW safety:
- Modern Headquarters: The facility boasts a modern administrative headquarters equipped with the latest technology to streamline operations and communications. This will enable the DPW to respond quickly to residents’ needs and manage resources more effectively while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Maintenance and Repair Facilities: The new DPW facility includes dedicated areas for vehicle maintenance and repair, ensuring that the city’s fleet of vehicles and equipment are always in top condition and ready to tackle any task and to maintain the City’s investment of each asset.
- Green Initiatives: Revere’s commitment to sustainability is evident in the facility’s design, with energy-efficient lighting and eco-friendly building materials.
- Increased Storage Capacity: The new nearly 38,000-square-foot building is about one and half times the size of the old DPW building, along with a 2,800-square-foot road salt storage area. This will provide more room for equipment storage and improved stormwater management systems. This will enable the DPW to respond to emergencies promptly and maintain the city’s infrastructure more effectively.
- Enhanced Safety Measures: Safety is a top priority, and the new facility includes improved safety features for DPW employees, such as updated facilities and equipment. This investment in safety will ensure that Revere’s workforce can perform their duties without compromise.
The new DPW facility represents a substantial investment in the future of Revere, positioning the city to better meet the needs of its residents and tackle the challenges of the 21st century.