Application Open Until September 9, 2023
REVERE, MA– The City of Revere’s Department of Planning and Community Development (DPCD) has launched Phase 2 of its Storefront and Signage Improvement Program. Through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), DPCD will grant up to $7,500.00 for signage improvements or up to $50,000.00 for exterior storefront improvements to eligible small business and commercial property owners in the Broadway and Shirley Avenue Business Districts. The grant award provides in-kind design consulting services and renderings from Urban Designers Gamble Associates and Omloop.
Prior to filling out the Phase 2 application, it is strongly encouraged that all applicants read the program guidelines before applying. The application process will occur over several months with Grant Award Notifications to be announced no later than January 30th, 2024.
Eligible exterior upgrades and replacements projects proposal for storefronts can include
- Exterior Painting
- Removing inappropriate and or incompatible exteriors finishes and materials.
- Restoring exterior finishes and materials
- Installation of safety glass
- Recessing/reconfiguring of existing storefront doors and entrances to meet ADA compliance.
- Repairing or replacing existing storefront window systems
- Exterior building signage and lighting
- Repairing or replacement of existing awning
Examples of eligible upgrades are illustrated in the City of Revere Commercial District Design Guidelines.
GRANT PROCESS SCHEDULE
The schedule of the grant process and deadlines for the submission of information by prospective applicants is outlined below. Applicants will receive notification from DPCD staff regarding additional financial and tenant information and other program notifications throughout the application process. Changes to the dates outlined below will be issued directly to the applicant by DPCD staff.
- Program guidelines available 8/29/2023
- Program application open from 9/1/2023 to 9/15/2023
- Submission of requested financial or tenancy information from applicants 9/22/2023-10/9/2023.
- Verification of applicant’s program eligibility & introduction to design consultants 10/23/2023 to 10/31/2023
- Design consultations between applicants & Gamble Associates and Omloop Design to occur 11/1/2023 to 11/30/2023
- Submission by applicant of final project scope, budget, and quotes from licensed contractor and or signage vendor by 1/15/2024
Prospective applicants can review the Storefront and Signage Improvement Program Phase 2 Guidelines, the City of Revere’s Commercial District Design Guidelines and samples of design renderings by Gamble & Associates and Omloop Designs for grant awardees of Phase 1 of this program by visiting Revere.org/smallbusiness