New summer happenings at The Track include Hideaway Circus, Touch-A-Truck and more!
Summer is in full swing at Suffolk Downs! Residents and visitors of East Boston and Revere have enjoyed programming throughout the spring and early summer months hosted by The HYM Investment Group (HYM), the firm leading the redevelopment of Suffolk Downs. People of all ages have flocked to a biweekly Sunday fitness series, a Revere Beach sand sculpture pop-up event, a job fair and more. HYM also reopened The Track this past spring as an interim open space where local residents have been able to walk, run and exercise.
As we move into late summer and fall, HYM is excited to announce the next slate of family-friendly summer activities taking place at the Track.
- On Wednesday, August 3, HYM opened the first-ever dog park at Suffolk Downs. The Dog Park is open dawn to dusk daily and is located next to The Track entrance. The new fenced-in park allows dogs to socialize and exercise off-leash and features dog houses, training platforms, hurdle jumps, climbing bridges and more!
- On Tuesday, August 16 at 4 p.m. and Wednesday, August 17 at 4 and 7 p.m., Suffolk Downs will welcome Stars Above, an outdoor, family-friendly circus show created by Hideaway Circus. Set to original music, the show is a modern take on the nostalgic small touring circuses from 200 years ago. Tickets start at $20 and are on sale now (https://www.starsabovecircus.com/2022tour).
- On Saturday, August 27, Suffolk Downs is partnering with TrillFit from Roxbury to host their annual fitness festival, TrillFest, at The Track. Enjoy fitness classes, musical performances, food trucks, beer & wine and more.
- On Sunday, August 28 from 12-7 p.m., Suffolk Downs will host the inaugural Revere Block Party in coordination with Next Stop Revere, the City of Revere and the Revere Cultural Council. This multicultural event will feature live music, performances, cultural cuisines, vendors of all kinds and family-friendly games and activities. This event is free to attend but registration is recommended (https://atsuffolkdowns.com/revere-block-party-at-suffolk-downs/).
- On Sunday, September 18 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Suffolk Downs will host a Touch-A-Truck event that will allow an up-close view of tractors, trucks, diggers, police cars and fire engines – as well as kids activities, games, giveaways, food trucks and craft beer by Rockport Brewing! This event is free to attend but registration is recommended (https://atsuffolkdowns.com/touch-a-truck-at-the-track-2/).
“There is something for everyone at Suffolk Downs this summer. Our curated mix of uses and offerings is designed to ensure that the new urban district we are creating is open and welcoming to all,” said HYM Managing Partner/CEO Thomas N. O’Brien. “This site has a rich history of entertainment and community events that we are excited to carry on while we undergo construction on the first phase of development in Revere.”
More information can be found at https://atsuffolkdowns.com/ and the Suffolk Downs social channels. The Track at Suffolk Downs is open dawn to dusk and is accessible via the MBTA Blue Line’s Beachmont and Suffolk Downs Stations. Free parking is available on site at 525 McClellan Hwy. in East Boston.