Debra Panetta of 1 Bellevue Street announces her candidacy for re-election to the Board of Selectmen. “It’s been my privilege to serve on the Board of Selectmen, and I would be honored to serve two more years,” Panetta states.
Debra is married to Mark Panetta, and has two children, Mark Jr. and Sabrina. Debra is a graduate from Suffolk University earning a BSBA in Accounting, and she also holds a MBA from Northeastern University.
She earned her Lean Six Sigma and her PMP (Project Management Professional) Certifications. Debra works for Victoria Realty as a Site Manager/Finance Director. She has over 35 years of accounting, finance, auditing, and real estate experience. She is also a business owner.
Debra has served as a Saugus Selectman for the past twelve years, currently as Vice-Chairman; she served as the Chairman for five years. Debra was Secretary of the Cliftondale Revitalization Committee and served on the Master Plan Advisory Committee. She is the President of the Saugus River Watershed Council, past President, and member of SAVE, and is a member of the Historical Society, Saugus Business Education Collaborative, Friends of Breakheart, Women’s Guild, Conservation Law, and the Garden Club. She’s been endorsed by the Sierra Club and the North Atlantic, States Regional Council of Carpenters Local 339.
Previously, Debra served as the Chairman of the Saugus School Committee, a five-term Town Meeting Member representing Precinct 5, and Vice-Chair of the Saugus Charter Commission. “Community involvement is something that my family and I strongly believe in,” says Panetta.
Since taking office, Debra has been involved in many initiatives, including:
- an increase in our bond rating to AA+ by S&P due to our strong economy and budget performance, saving taxpayers millions of dollars,
- rebuilding of our parks, playgrounds, and recreational facilities,
- accepted as a designated green community,
- a record amount of funds in stabilization,
- an increase in grant funding for public safety and recreation,
- supported hiring police, fire, and public safety personal for a safer Saugus,
- road and sidewalk improvements, and the
- completion of the rail / bike trail.
Debra believes that Saugus can continue looking towards the future with confidence and progress. She’d like to see:
- continued strong financial performance in town,
- additional progress made on building & staffing a West Side Fire Station,
- completion of the Town-wide Public Safety Fiber-Optics Communication System Infrastructure upgrade,
- expansion of our parks, trails, and open spaces,
- responsible, sustainable development that balances growth with protection of our neighborhoods and local infrastructure, and
- continued public discussions regarding the offline schools.
“I am honored to have served as your Selectman for the past 12 years. I believe I have conducted myself with dignity, integrity, and professionalism with the office you have entrusted me with. I would like to work towards the continued progress our town has made for the betterment of residents and business owners,” Panetta states. Please cast one of your votes for Debra on Tuesday, November 7th. She is #1 on the ballot.
Contact information: (781-233-9720), firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook: Debra Panetta for Saugus Selectmen